You can start today to cleanse your body daily with some of these lifestyle practices:
- Eat plenty of fiber, including brown rice and organically grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, artichokes, broccoli, spirulina, chlorella, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
- Cleanse and protect the liver by taking herbs such as dandelion root, burdock, and milk thistle, and by drinking green or herbal teas.
- Take vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins.
- Drink at least two quarts of water a day, especially when doing eBIOFLOW electrotherapy sessions.
- Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system. Watch YouTube videos on deep breathing techniques. Breathing also helps exhale the stress and you can also transform stress by emphasizing positive emotions.
- Choose natural body care. Using natural deodorants, makeups, moisturizers, shampoos, and other personal care products can also reduce your exposure to chemicals.
- Practice hydrotherapy weekly by taking a hot shower for five minutes, allowing the water to run on your back. Follow with cold water for 30 seconds. Do this three times, and then get into bed for 30 minutes. For chronic pain conditions, do this 2x a day until your pain cycle is reduced.
- Sweat in a sauna so your body can eliminate waste through perspiration. Massage your lymphatic system to help this process.
- Dry-brush your skin or try detox foot spas/foot baths to remove toxins through your pores. Special brushes are available at natural products stores.
- What’s the most important way to detoxify? Exercise. One hour every day. Add movement you enjoy like yoga, pilates, walking, etc. Go with friends or hire a trainer to keep you on track.
Overall your lifestyle upgrades can enhance your body’s natural detoxification system and improve your overall health by staying hydrated, consuming more of the vitamins, minerals and amino acids your body needs, exercising, and following an antioxidant-rich diet.
Consult your doctor before using any health treatment, including herbal supplements and natural remedies, and tell your doctor if you have a serious medical condition or are taking any medications. The information presented here is for educational purposes only and is in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling.